Call for Papers
The 6th International Academic Conference on Environmental and Occupational Medicine
Submission deadline: 30 August 2014
Environment and human health are closely related. One recent trend is the integration of environmental and occupational medicine, two of the hottest subjects in public health. Since 2002, the Journal of Environmental and Occupational Medicine (JEOM) and Shanghai Municipal Center for Disease Control and Prevention, in alliance with various institutions such as Environmental Health Perspectives, the California Department of Public Health, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, have successfully held five international academic conferences on environmental and occupational medicine which have been well received by both domestic and international experts and peers. A wide spectrum of participants were invited to exchange ideas on themes including “Environment, Ecology, Occupation, and Healthy Cities”, “Environment, Occupation, and Protection of Human Resources in the Rapid Development of Economy”, “Healthy Environment and Harmonious Society”, and “Environment and Health with Emphasis on Environment-related Effects of Climate Change, Urbanization, and Occupation on Public Health”. The proceedings of the third to fifth international conferences (2004, 2006, 2010) are indexed by Conference Proceedings Citation Index—Science, which has effectively boosted the journal’s and the conferences’ international impact.
We are honored to invite you to the 6th International Academic Conference on Environmental and Occupational Medicine to be held in Suzhou, China, 16-18 October 2014. The JEOM 30th Anniversary and the East China Occupational Health Congress will be held in tandem. Participants will share the latest findings in these fields including but not limited to environmental and occupational medicine, environmental protection, meteorology, agriculture, and safety supervision, and will look to future trends with the aim of building a stronger professional collaboration and eventually promoting human health.
- Environment and Health Promotion: Translating Research into Action
- Prevention and control for environment-related diseases
- Health protection for occupational populations
- Omics of environmental and occupational medicine
- Environmental policies and public health
- Policy and decision making on environment and health
- Legislation, supervision, management, and service system construction against occupational diseases
- Public health system reform and environmental health risk response
- Dimensions of environmental and health data, indicators, and risk assessments
- Forecasting, warning, and responding to natural disasters, extreme weather events, and resulting diseases
- Impacts of natural ecosystems on human health
- Health Impact of climate (types and changes) and indoor air quality
- Biomonitoring: new issues and discoveries
- Food and drinking water safety system: exposure and risk assessment of chemical pollutants
- Health impacts of working conditions and job stress
- Other multidisciplinary studies with relevance to environmental and occupational medicine
All manuscripts should be written in English or Chinese and must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document. The accepted English manuscripts will be published in the Conference proceedings (official publication), which will be indexed by CPCI-S. Please e-mail us if authors disagree with any of the above.
Manuscripts should include the following sections in this order: Title; Author name(s); Author affiliation(s); Postcode(s); E-mail(s); Tel(s); Abstract; Keywords (3-8); Introduction; Materials and Methods; Results; Discussion; Conclusions; References. Please visit www.iceom2014.com to register before submitting.
If authors would like their manuscript to be considered for publication in JEOM, please visit http://jeom.scdc.sh.cn:8081.
The work should not be published or under consideration for publication anywhere else. The authors take full and sole responsibility for their paper.
Contact Wang Xiao-yu, Wang Yuan
Tel: +86-21-61957512, 61957516
Children’s Health Collection 2015The Children’s Health Collection 2015 is now available. This compilation of the past year's children’s health research, commentary, and news offers something for everyone concerned about children’s environmental health—researchers, regulators, advocates, health care providers, policy makers, educators, community developers, and parents.
Sign Up to Receive E-mail Alerts
Recent Advance Publications
Long-Term Air Pollution and Traffic Noise Exposures and Mild Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults: A Cross-Sectional Analysis of the Heinz Nixdorf Recall Study
Associations of Residential Long-Term Air Pollution Exposures and Satellite-Derived Greenness with Insulin Resistance in German Adolescents
Transgenic Overexpression of Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Repressor (AhRR) and AhR-Mediated Induction of CYP1A1, Cytokines, and Acute Toxicity
Ambient Fine Particulate Matter, Nitrogen Dioxide, and Preterm Birth in New York City
Key Elements for Judging the Quality of a Risk Assessment