Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP) does not collect information about you when you visit our website other than standard information automatically collected and stored in our Internet server logs, or information you choose to provide (see below).
Information Automatically Collected and Stored
Our servers automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- Your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you go online).
- The domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account).
- The Internet address of the website, if any, from which you came to our site (for example, www.niehs.nih.gov if you come to our website by clicking on the EHP link on the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences website).
- The date and time you arrived at our site.
- The name and version of your computer’s operating system and browser: for example, Apple OS X / Safari 2.1 or Windows Vista / Internet Explorer 7.0.
- The pages you visit.
This information is used for statistical purposes and to help make our site more useful to visitors. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional personal information will be collected. EHP does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personally identifiable information about our visitors unless required for law enforcement or by statute.
Personally Provided Information
Additional information you provide about yourself through an e-mail message, form, conference or software registration form, etc., will be used only to respond to your question or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication.
Some pages on this site may use “cookies,” which are small files that the site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. These files are used for site registration and customization the next time you visit us. You should note that cookies cannot read data off your hard drive. Your web browser may allow you to be notified when you are receiving a cookie, giving you the choice to accept it or not. If you do not accept cookies, some pages may not function fully, and you may not be able to access certain information on this site.
This website is maintained by the U.S. Federal Government. It is protected by various provisions of Title 18, U.S. Code. Violations of Title 18 are subject to criminal prosecution in federal court. For site security purposes, and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations, and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
Links to External Sites
The EHP website has links to many external websites. EHP cannot guarantee the privacy or security of information users provide to linked external websites. EHP is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does EHP endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these external sites.
EHP does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The views and opinions expressed on the EHP website do not necessarily state or reflect those of the U.S. Federal Government, and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. Pop-up advertisements encountered while visiting the EHP website were most likely produced by other sites you visited or by third party software installed on your computer. EHP does not endorse or recommend products or services that may appear in such pop-up advertisements.
Most of the information on the EHP website is in the public domain and may be used and reproduced without specific permission. However, any reproduction should contain proper acknowledgment to EHP, including a reference to the website. Certain material on this website (such as illustrations used for News purposes) is used under license and is labeled as such. This material may not be used or reproduced without permission from the original source. EHP is not authorized to permit such use or reproduction.
Questions about EHP Internet policies should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up to Receive E-mail Alerts
Recent Advance Publications
- Ambient Air Pollution and Depressive Symptoms in Older Adults: Results from the MOBILIZE Boston Study
- The Human Early-Life Exposome (HELIX): Project Rationale and Design
- Epigenetic Influences on Associations between Air Pollutants and Lung Function in Elderly Men: The Normative Aging Study
- Associations between Traffic Noise, Particulate Air Pollution, Hypertension, and Isolated Systolic Hypertension in Adults: The KORA Study
- Estimating the Health Effects of Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Strategies: Addressing Parametric, Model, and Valuation Challenges
- Environmental Burden of Disease in Europe: Assessing Nine Risk Factors in Six Countries
- Non-Renal Effects and the Risk Assessment of Environmental Cadmium Exposure
- Trending EHP news this week: Chemicals in feminine hygiene products, personal lubricants http://t.co/RKLD6E7IKv
- Trending EHP research this week: Most plastic products release estrogenic chemicals http://t.co/YjnVQqflLu
- AdvPubl: Ambient air pollution and depressive symptoms in older adults: results from the MOBILIZE Boston study http://t.co/QJXO7WXjlM
- AdvPubl: The Human Early-Life Exposome (HELIX): project rationale and design http://t.co/T4UHBDeXvT
- CareerOpp: Tenure track non-clinical prof/assoc prof/asst/prof, environmental health, Sch Public Health, U Hong Kong http://t.co/9ZFkq4k4ST