Submitting Your Manuscript
Manuscripts submitted to EHP are processed using Editorial Manager.
Authors should either log in or select the “Register Now” link to create a new account. To determine if an account exists, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once logged in to the Editorial Manager site, select the “Submit New Manuscript” link. From this point, the system will guide you through the submission process. Online help is available via the “Help” link in the upper left of the screen. Users may exit and reenter the submission process at any time before completing a manuscript submission.
Manuscripts may be submitted only via Editorial Manager. Manuscripts submitted by other methods (e.g., hard copy, email) will not be processed.
Once you are logged in to Editorial Manager, you will be asked to do the following:
- Provide assurance that the manuscript a) is an original work, b) has not been previously published in whole or in part, and c) is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- For research that involves animals, certify that an institutional animal care and use committee approved the protocol and that this is stated in the manuscript.
- For research that involves human subjects, certify that an institutional review board approved the protocol and that participation of human subjects did not occur until after informed consent was obtained. Additionally, certify that this information is provided in the manuscript.
- Confirm that all authors have disclosed any actual or potential competing interests regarding the submitted manuscript, and report the nature of those interests within the manuscript and on the required CFI Declaration form.
- If applicable, provide written permission from any copyright holder (usually the publisher) to reproduce figures, tables, questionnaires, or a substantial block of text.
- Provide a statement confirming that all authors a) have read the manuscript, b) agree the work is ready for submission to a journal, and c) accept responsibility for the manuscript’s contents.
- Provide the names and email addresses of possible preferred reviewers as well as nonpreferred reviewers for the manuscript. Authors may also recommend a specific EHP Associate Editor.
- If applicable, provide a statement concerning previous publication of a manuscript or materials that might be considered redundant or duplicative.
- Provide any other relevant comments you wish to send to the editors.